You know you’re a new revert if…
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
MashaAllah at all our brothers and sisters who have sought and accepted Islam- may Allah accept their efforts and make them a means of inspiring others among the people. Ameen.
You know you’re a revert if…
– a humourous insight into the transitional period new Muslims experience!
* You’ve just learned how to say your name properly, and you can nearly spell it too (and you’re going to learn to spell it in Arabic)
* Your parents think you’ve gone nuts and are being influenced by some weird cult
* You keep on adjusting your hijab because it feels weird and you haven’t got the hang of putting it on properly
* You’ve told all your friends that you never liked pork, and only ever ate it because you didn’t want to upset your parents
* You’ve given up alcohol, but now you’re a caffeine addict because you go to coffee shops with all your new Muslim friends instead of the pub
* There’s three year old kids at the mosque that can recite more of the Qur’an than you can, but hey, you’re working on it, and you’re determined to catch up with the five year olds
* You have at least one non-Muslim acquaintance that thinks it’s funny to make jokes about terrorists to you all the time
* You can’t wait for the Jehovah’s Witnesses to come around, so you can tell them to go away because you’re a Muslim
* You still have instructions of how to pray taped to your wall in the direction of Mecca
* You now understand what it’s like to be *really* hungry and thirsty, and you also know that the hadith about only eating three or five dates to break your fast is because otherwise you’d eat the whole packet